Who should attend?
Chemical Awareness is designed for anyone who works with or handles hazardous chemicals in their workplace. This includes laboratory staff, maintenance workers, cleaners, health and safety officers, and managers.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this Chemical Awareness course is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to identify, store, use, and dispose of hazardous chemicals safely and in compliance with relevant regulations. The objectives of this course are to:
- Explain the basic concepts of chemical hazards and risk assessment
- Identify the sources and types of hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- Recognize the symbols and labels used to indicate chemical hazards
- Follow the safety data sheets (SDS) and other information sources for safe handling of chemicals
- Apply the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and emergency procedures for chemical exposure
- Demonstrate safe storage, transport, and disposal of hazardous chemicals
- Introduction to chemical awareness, hazards and risk assessment
- Identification and classification of hazardous chemicals
- Safe handling and use of hazardous chemicals
- Safe storage, transport, and disposal of hazardous chemicals
Duration: 3 hours
Maximum number of delegates: 15 persons