Who should attend?
Basic Fire Safety should be completed by all staff in a business. It is also suitable for anyone who wants to learn the basics of fire prevention and protection in the workplace or at home. You will gain an understanding of the causes and effects of fire, the fire triangle, and the types of fire extinguishers and how to use them safely.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this Basic Fire Safety course is to provide you with the knowledge and skills to prevent and respond to fire emergencies.
The objectives are:
- Identify the common causes of fire and how to avoid them
- Recognize the signs of fire and how to raise the alarm
- Follow the evacuation procedures and escape routes
- Select and operate the appropriate fire extinguisher for different classes of fire
- Demonstrate basic fire-fighting techniques and precautions
- Course Introduction
- Legislation Module
- Fire Theory and Prevention
- Fire detection and alarm systems
- Fire extinguishers and fire-fighting
Duration: 3 hours
Maximum number of delegates: 1 persons