Who should attend?
Legionnaire’s Disease is intended for service engineers, maintenance personnel who work on purpose-built water systems – cooling towers, evaporative condensers and hot water systems and also personnel with responsibility for the management of Legionnaire’s Disease at work.
Aims and objectives
The aim of the Legionnaire’s Disease training is to give relevant personnel and supervisors the necessary information to be able to manage Legionella Risks safely and effectively in the work place.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Legionnaire’s Disease
- Know who and where the Legionella bacteria is likely to occur
- Identify risks associated with Legionella and understand the Legionella Risk Assessment process
- Know the relevant precautions that need to be taken when working in the identified risk areas
- Have an understanding of the Irish Legislation relating to Biological Agents
- Have an understanding of the requirements of HSE L8 – Approved Code of practice
- Know what records and documentation that are required and
- Understand the importance of compliance with all legal requirements, best practice and guidance
- About Legionella Bacteria
- Legionella and water quality testing requirements
- HSE L8 approved code of practice –overview and outline of the specific legal requirements
- Legionella Risk Assessment workshop
- Control of legionella – preventative and protective measures including temperature control and system disinfection and PPE requirements
- Legionella report interpretation
Duration: Half day
Maximum number of delegates: 15 persons per course