Who should attend?
Patient Moving is designed for health and social care workers who are involved in the moving and handling of patients.
Aims and objectives
Patient Moving aims to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to carry out safe and effective patient transfers, using appropriate equipment and techniques.
The course objectives are to:
- Understand the legal and ethical aspects of moving and handling patients
- Identify the risks and hazards associated with patient transfers
- Apply the principles of manual handling and ergonomics to patient transfers
- Demonstrate the correct use of various moving and handling equipment and aids
- Practice safe and comfortable patient transfers in different scenarios
- Introduction and overview of the course
- Legal and ethical framework for moving and handling patients
- Risk assessment and management of patient transfers
- Manual handling and ergonomics principles
- Moving and handling equipment and aids: types, features, benefits and limitations
- Practical session: demonstration and practice of patient transfers using different equipment and aids, such as hoists, slings, slide sheets, transfer boards, belts, etc.
- Evaluation and feedback
Duration: 3 hours
Maximum number of delegates: 10 persons
Client needs own Bed and Wheelchair 7 Hoist