Emergency First Aid is intended for those who wish to gain an understanding of first aid required in an emergency situation.
Aims and objectives
On completion of the 1 day Emergency First Aid course, participants will be able to demonstrate practical first aid skills required in both routine and emergency situations
Emergency First Aid will provide attendees with the requisite skills to demonstrate practical first aid required in both routine and emergency situations
- Introduction – Chain of survival / Scene safety / Responsibilities of a first-aider
- Unconsciousness – Examination of unconscious casualty / Recovery position
- Resuscitation – Practical demonstration and class practice
- Asphyxia / Heart attack – Approach and treatment
- Bleeding and wounds – Control of bleeding and wounds including amputation, wounds with a foreign body, internal bleeding
- Assessment of fractures and appropriate treatment
- Injuries – Examination of the eye / Treatment of foreign bodies / Chemical splashes in the eye
- Burns and scalds / Poisoning / Causes and treatments
- Epilepsy / Asthma / Crush injuries – Approach and treatment
Appraisal of delegates’ knowledge and performance will be made through graded multiple-choice questionnaire.
Duration: 1 days
Maximum number of delegates: 12 persons