Implementing Food Safety Management System programme certified by the QQI is designed for senior personnel to provide them with a comprehensive overview of the elements required to establish and maintain an effective food safety management system.
The course is also suitable for those interested in delivering Level 1 Food Safety Training.
All trainees will receive a Level 5 Certificate in Implementing Food Safety Management Systems.
Topics Covered Include:
- Food Borne Diseases and Food Poisoning
- Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points
- Food Purchasing and Storage
- Food Preservation
- Personal Hygiene, Legislation& Safety
- Design and Construction of Food Premises and Equipment
- Control of Insects and Rodents
- Cleaning and Disinfection
- The Management of food hygiene based on HACCP principles.
Why is this training important?
Anyone working in a supervisory or management position in the food business is not only responsible but also accountable for food safety. It is therefore vital they are equipped with both the knowledge and confidence to do their job effectively.
Who is this course suited to?
- Those responsible for the food safety management system.
- Those responsible for supervising or monitoring staff in terms of food safety.
- Supervisors, Managers and other key members of staff within the food business.
- Anyone responsible for updating the food safety management system or resolving non-compliance identified by the regulatory authority.
- Learners will have the ability to implement and update the food safety management system.
- Understand the concept of hazards ad the risks associated with them.
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety.
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination.
- Understand the importance of hygiene standards within a food business and the techniques to ensure adequate hygiene levels.
Day 1 – 1st of September: 9am – 4pm
Day 2 – 8th of September: 9am – 4pm
Day 3 – 15th of September: 9am – 4pm
Day 4 – 22nd of September: 9am – 1pm
3 days in total. 2 days of learning with day 3 given to revision in the morning and exam in the afternoon.