As a member of the Food Safety Professionals Association of Ireland (FSPA), our trainer offers the Designing Food Safety Management Systems course that leads to QQI awards level 6 on the National Framework of Qualification.
The learners will have the knowledge and skills for designing, implementing, reviewing and managing a food safety management system based on hazard analysis and critical control points.
Objectives of this programme
At the end of this programme the learner will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of legislation, standards and guides applicable to the food industry
- Comprehend the basis of the four food hazards in relation to practical application
- Demonstrate understanding and be able to complete a hazard analysis based on risk, appreciating the importance of hazard prevention, understanding the difference between process hazard analysis and TACCP
- Develop, implement and document the procedures and processes required to ensure the food safety management system complies with legislative demands
- Know where to find applicable sources of information in order to keep up to date with legislation, standards, technology and emerging risks.
- Standards, guides, regulation and legislation
- Roles of regulatory bodies
- Food hazards, food prevention and shelf life
- Risk assessment
- Codex Principles
- HACCP and the development of hazard analysis and a HACCP Plan (case study)
- Documentation and Records
- Validation and verification
- Other tools to maintain the food safety management system
Day 1: 9am – 4pm
Day 2: 9am – 4pm
Day 3: 9am – 4pm
Day 4: 9am – 1pm
4 days in total. 3 days of learning with day 3 given to revision in the morning and exam in the afternoon.
Preferred Entry Level
Leaving certificate or equivalent qualifications or relevant life and work experience. A working knowledge of written and spoken English is required to undertake this programme. Learners should have a preceding level on NFQ or minimum equivalent of FSAI level 3 in food safety.
A theory based examination accounts for 40% of available marks (2 hours). An individual project accounting for a maximum of 60% of available marks will have to be completed.
The course is ideally suited to food safety managers, HACCP professionals and anyone responsible for developing, implementing and documenting the procedures and processes required to ensure the food safety management system complies with legislative demands.
Funding may also be available for eligible businesses. Please contact us to find out more.