The aim of this 2 day Level 3 food safety course is to provide those responsible for food safety within a food business with adequate training in the principles of HACCP and how to manage their food safety management system.
The training is mapped to the Food Safety Authority of Ireland’s Guide to Food Safety Level 3 Management of HACCP Following completion of this course, certificates are issued through the Food Safety Company.
This course is designed for food business operators, managers, supervisors, head chefs, members of the HACCP team and other key staff members who are responsible for food safety within a food business. The training will provide them with a comprehensive overview of the elements required to establish and maintain an effective food safety management system.
Regardless of the food sector in which you work this programme will enable you to understand, implement and review food safety management systems.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
At the end of the programme you will:
- Understand the concept of the HACCP principles, hazard analysis and control measures
- Recognise and understand the importance of the pre-requisite programme in underpinning the food safety management system.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal requirements and relevant standards applicable to food businesses
- Be competent in implementing and reviewing the food safety management system.
- Legal responsibilities of employers and employees
- The four food hazards
- Pre-requisite Programme/Good Manufacturing Practice/Good Hygiene Practice
- Staff training
- Hazard analysis
- Identification of Critical Control Points
- HACCP review
- 2 days with an exam at the end of the final day.
- You must have completed Level 2 Food Safety or an equivalent level of training in advance of the course.
- Learners will have the ability to implement and update the food safety management system.
- Understand the concept of hazards ad the risks associated with them.
- Understand the techniques involved in controlling and monitoring food safety.
- Appreciate the risks linked to cross contamination.
- Understand the importance of hygiene standards within a food business and the techniques to ensure adequate hygiene levels.
Day 1 – 6th September: 9am – 4pm
Day 2 – 13th September: 9am – 4pm
2 days in total. 1.5 days of learning with exam in the afternoon of day 2.
€350 per person
Funding may also be available for eligible businesses. Please contact us to find out more.