Boost Your Food Safety Standards with In-House Training
If you are a food business owner or manager, you know the importance of training your staff to comply with food safety regulations. When it comes to choosing the right training methods, there are many options available, such as online, public, or in-house training. Each option has its own advantages and disadvantages, depending on your specific needs and preferences. However, in this blog post, we will focus on the benefits of in-house training, which is a type of training that is delivered within your business premises by a qualified trainer.
What is In-House Training?
In-house training is a form of training that is customized to suit the needs and goals of your business and employees. It allows you to choose the topics, the duration, the schedule, and the format of the training, depending on what works best for you. It also means that you can have all your staff trained at the same time, without having to send them off-site or disrupt their normal work routine.
In-house training is usually delivered by a licensed provider of certified food safety training programs, such as The Food Safety Company. The Food Safety Company are expert in food safety consultancy and training, with over 23 years of experience in helping food businesses across Ireland to comply with food safety regulations and maintain a safe and hygienic food service environment.
The Food Safety Company offers a variety of customized in-house food safety training courses to clients looking for tailored programs. These courses are suitable for all food workers, from food service staff to quality controllers. Some of the popular courses include:
- Level 1 Food Safety, HACCP, and Allergen Awareness: This 2-hour course is suitable for front-of-house staff, and pantry staff, and as a refresher course for food handlers who have completed training in the past.
- Level 2 Food Safety, HACCP, and Allergen Awareness: This 4-hour course is suitable for all food handlers who are directly involved in preparing or handling food.
- Effective Cleaning and Infection Control Management: This 2-hour course is suitable for all staff who are responsible for cleaning or sanitizing any areas or equipment within the food premises.
- Sustainability in Food & Hospitality Sector: This 2-hour course is suitable for all staff who are involved in any aspect of the food service operation.
More information on these courses can be found here.
What are the Benefits of In-House Training?
There are many benefits of hosting customized in-house training with The Food Safety Company, such as:
- Customization: The ability to tailor the course to the specific needs and goals of your company and employees. You can choose the topics, the level, the duration, the schedule, and the format of the training, depending on what you want to achieve. You can also request additional topics or modules that are relevant to your business or industry.
- Increased control: Your company has more control over the scheduling and content of the training, allowing for more flexibility to meet the needs of employees. It also means that all staff can receive certified training at one time, without having to go off-site or disrupt their normal work routine.
- Increased employee engagement: We find that in-house training leads to increased employee engagement and buy-in, as the training is directly relevant to their work and your company’s goals. It also allows for more interaction and feedback between the trainer and the trainees, as well as among the trainees themselves.
- Improved communication and collaboration: In-house training can also improve communication and collaboration among your employees, as they are learning and working together in the same physical location. It can also foster a sense of team spirit and camaraderie, as well as a shared commitment to food safety excellence.
- Cost savings: Hosting training in-house can save your company money by eliminating the need for travel and lodging expenses for individual employees. It can also reduce the costs of hiring external trainers or venues, as well as the costs of lost productivity or sales due to staff absence.
How to Book In-House Training with The Food Safety Company?
If you are interested in booking in-house training with The Food Safety Company, you can contact us through our website or by phone: 021 435 5917 (Cork) or 01 210 4586 (Dublin).
We will be happy to discuss your requirements and provide you with a quote and a proposal for your customized in-house training program. We will also arrange a suitable date and time for the delivery of the training, as well as provide you with all the necessary materials and equipment.
The Food Safety Company is committed to providing you with high-quality food safety training that meets your needs and expectations. We have a team of experienced and qualified trainers who are passionate about food safety and who will ensure that your staff receives the best possible learning experience.
Don’t hesitate to contact us and we can help you boost your food safety standards through in-house training!