Do you wish to up-skill and develop your knowledge of food safety and HACCP at management level?
If so then this programme is for you. Regardless of the food sector in which you work this programme will enable you to understand, implement and review food safety management systems.
Objectives of the Programme
At the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Understand the concept of the HACCP principles, hazard analysis and control measures
- Recognise and understand the importance of the pre-requisite programme in underpinning the food safety management system
- Demonstrate knowledge of the legal requirements and relevant standards applicable to food businesses
- Be competent in implementing and reviewing the food safety
- Legal responsibilities
- The four food hazards
- Quality Management Process/Good Hygiene Principles/PreRequisite Programmes
- Staff training
- Hazard analysis
- Monitoring of Food Safety Management Systems
- HACCP review
It is suitable for students who can work independently. There is a requirement for the same amount of independent study time outside of course hours. Students need to be able to take responsibility for their own learning.
Potential student candidates need to have completed Level 2 or the equivalent in the past two years experience. A project is due within 1 month of completion of the course. 40% of the allotted marks are based on an exam and 60% of the marks are allotted to a work place project.
For information and application forms please email firstname.lastname@example.org